How can I help?
The traditional role of a CDFA® is to act as the financial neutral in a collaborative divorce case. This is a critical role in the divorce process, yet one that I do not perform. Here are the ways I can help attorneys and their female clients:
- Act as a resource for attorneys
- Help evaluate what certain divorce options will mean for her long term financial plan
- Ensure that the preferred outcome is in line with her long term financial goals
- Perform a financial plan so that she is aware of what she needs to do after this big life change to be able to retire
- Help her make financial decisions like should I pay cash for my new house or take out a mortgage
- Help women feel comfortable with their investments
- Help women feel confident as they move forward in their new financial lives
It seems as if people who come to see me either think they don’t have enough money or that they have plenty of money. Both are usually wrong.